Presidential Proclamation- June 22, 2020
Citing the effect of the novel Coronavirus on the economy, President Trump issued a proclamation continuing Proclamation 10014, which suspended entry for certain immigrants, and suspending the admission of certain workers within nonimmigrant visa categories. These nonimmigrant categories include: H-1B, H-2B, J, L visas, and the visas of those joining or accompanying such individuals.
The proclamation applies to nonimmigrants who:
- Are outside of the U.S.;
- Do not have a valid visa;
- Do not have a valid travel document other than a visa.
The proclamation does not apply to:
- Lawful permanent residents (green card holders);
- Spouses or children of U.S. citizens;
- Aliens seeking to provide labor or services essential to U.S. food supply;
- Any aliens whose entry would be in the national interest.
This proclamation is effective from June 24, 2020 (12:01 am ET) until December 31, 2020, with possibility of continuation. The extension of Proclamation 10014 is effective immediately.