O-1A Visas for Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics
What is an O-1A classification?
The O-1A classification applies to foreign nationals who are nationally or internationally recognized for their extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and want to continue that extraordinary work in the U.S.
What does is extraordinary ability in these fields mean?
Extraordinary ability in these fields is defined as a having a level of expertise that demonstrates that the person is in the top of their field.
Who can apply?
An O-1 petition may only be filed by a U.S employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employers through U.S. agents.
What kind of documentation do I need?
Evidence of extraordinary ability in these categories is established by demonstrating three of any of the following:
- Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards in the field
- Membership in association which requires outstanding achievements of its members
- Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media relating to the person's work in the field
- Participation in a panel or as an individual judge over work of others in the same or similar field
- Scholarly, scientific, or business related contributions of major significance to the field
- Authorship in professional or scholarly journals or other major media
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity in distinguished organizations or establishments
- An actual or prospective high salary
- Other comparable evidence establishing eligibility
Speak with a lawyer at Bolour/Carl Immigration Group
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting our office. Call us at (323) 857-0034 today, or complete our online inquiry form to request a meeting or case evaluation.
We also speak Spanish and Persian for your convenience.